BARSKA spotting scopes are amongst the widely sought-after options. What makes them stand out is their large selection of spotting scope options which allows you to pick what you need – whether you are birdwatching, hunting, target shooting, or even spotting a moon.
Whilst all scopes deliver impressive quality and performance, the BARSKA scopes are available in a variety of price bands depending on your budgetary and feature needs – whether you want a high end or low end. To cut down the hours you would spend browsing through the myriad of available choices, we’ve selected the 5 top best BARSKA spotting scopes to help you find the right choice for your needs.
1. BARSKA 15-40×50 Colorado Spotting Scope
Designed with a wide magnification range of 15-40x, the BARSKA 15-40×50 Colorado Spotting Scope offers increased versatility to cater to a wide selection of applications. At 15x magnification, the scope provides a wide viewing range and is perfect for general observation. At 40x magnification, the spotting scope offers a more detailed view.
Additionally, the scope integrates a precision focusing system that allows you to make fine adjustments to the scope whilst maintaining vision on your target. The 50mm objective lens on the other end promotes superior light transmission with better image clarity and brightness. A tabletop tripod comes with the scope for comfortable viewing at any angle.
It also features an integrated mount that fits most standard tripod mounting screws so you can use the scope with or without the tripod. For enhanced durability and protection, the scope comes with a soft carry case that accommodates it along with its tabletop tripod and lens cloth, when not in use.
- Comes with a mini tabletop tripod
- Compact and portable design for easy travel
- Porro Prism lenses for righter image contrast and clarity
- Shock-absorbing rubber armor
- Precision focusing system at the fort fine adjustments without losing targets
- Clear operating range of up to 150 yards
- Angled scope design for added viewing comfort
- The eye relief is not long enough
2. BARSKA Benchmark Waterproof Straight Spotting Scope
Unlike regular scopes, the BARSKA Benchmark Waterproof Straight Spotting Scope features an ergonomic design to improve its overall performance. At the front end, the scope is fitted with a large 88mm light accommodating lens for increased image clarity and rightness. Its conveniently located focusing dial makes it easy to adjust the scope settings with add precision to ensure you are always looking at a crystal clear image.
At the back, the scope is fitted with an eyecup and a zoom dial placed on it for increased magnification convenience. Underneath the scope is a molded tripod adapter that allows you to attach the tripod or the scope’s Accu grip handle for viewing on the go. The Accu grip handle is molded with a finger-friendly surface that provides non-slip handling.
To complement this design is the rubber armor surface of the scope that provides even better slip-free handling. At the front, the scope comes with lens covers to protect the lens from scratches and other elements when not in use. As if this is not enough, the scope also comes with a powerful and wide magnification power of 25-125x to cater to different viewing applications.
- Wide magnification range of 25-125x for a wide variety of long range applications
- Rubber armor exterior for waterproof and shockproof performance
- Porro Prism lenses for righter image contrast and clarity
- Accu grip detachable handle for viewing on the go
- Zoom dial on eyecup for easy adjustment
- Large 88mm objective lens for increased light transmission
- Front focus settings for easy adjustments whilst still keeping an eye on your target
- Images are not as clear at high magnifications
3. BARSKA 30-90×100 WP Gladiator Spotting Scope
The BARSKA 30-90×100 WP Gladiator Spotting Scope is designed with a versatile 30-90x magnification power which facilitates general viewing and targeting then, zooms in for a more detailed look. Its large 100mm objective lens on the other offers superior light transmission with a wide field of view for brighter and clear images.
The lens is paired with Porro prisms and multi-coatings for even better performance. Yet, the large lens makes the scope a bit heavy. Nevertheless, the scope is still compact enough to easily fit it in a bag. Furthermore, the scope is built with a generous eye relief of up to 17.6mm for long lasting viewing comfort.
Its O-ring sealed tube with an ergonomically designed rubber armor gives it a waterproof, fog proof, and shockproof performance whilst prolonging its durability. An integrated tripod mount comes with standard tripod mounting screws to make it easy to fit and detach the scope from its tabletop mount. The scope comes with a hard and soft case to safely store and transport it with accessories.
- Large 10mm objective lens for better image clarity
- 6mm eye relief for long lasting viewing comfort
- Straight scope design for easy target acquisition
- Integrated sunshade to reduce glare
- O-ring sealed for a fully waterproof finish
- Rubber armored housing for added durability
- Comes with a tabletop tripod with mounts and screws
- A little heavy
4. BARSKA Level ED 20-60x85mm Spotting Scope
Integrating an Extra low dispersion glass lens, the BARSKA Level ED 20-60xc85mm Spotting Scope significantly reduces chromatic aberrations and color distortion around the edges of the scope for increased image clarity and contrast-rich viewing.
Furthermore, thanks to the ED glass lens, you will enjoy sharper images as all the edge fringes will be eliminated. Additionally, the scope features a large 85mm objective lens which increases light gathering for brighter images – especially on low light conditions. Constructed from a magnesium alloy body, the scope offers less weight and enhanced portability whilst still boasting long lasting durability.
The scope is further sealed with O-rings and then, filled with argon for a fully waterproof, fog proof, and shockproof performance. At the eyepiece, the area is fitted with a double focus knob which makes object focusing easier whilst its fine focus functions improve the overall image quality. The built-in sunshade on the other end offers adequate protection from glare.
- Apochromatic triple lens for better image contrast
- Large objective lenses for increased image brightness in low light conditions
- Built-in sunshade to tackle glare
- Fully multi-coated lens for optimum light transmission
- Magnesium alloy body for less bulkiness and long lasting durability
- Argon-filled to tackle internal fogging
- ED glass lens prevents edge fringing
- Expensive scope
5. BARSKA Blackhawk 20-60×60 Waterproof Straight Spotting Scope
Integrating a Mossy Oak camouflaged finish, the BARSKA Blackhawk 20-60×60 Waterproof Straight Spotting Scope blends well in the outdoors. But this is not all the scope offers. Featuring a 20-60x magnification power, the scope triumphs at around 100-yard range – delivering high quality and non-pixelated images – which makes it great for hunting and target shooting.
In fact, you can even zoom the scope up to 60x without losing sharpness or clarity. Furthermore, the magnification power still accommodates other applications such as birdwatching. Measuring only 14 inches long and weighing no more than 2 lbs., the scope is compact and lightweight to make it easy to carry it with you anywhere.
Furthermore, the scope is fitted with 60mm achromatic objective lenses which counter edge fringing and false coloring whilst promoting sharper and brighter images. For added durability, the scope is fully sealed for a waterproof finish. Its rubber coating reinforces the waterproof finish whilst also giving the scope a high grip finish for easy handling – even under wet conditions.
- 20-60x magnification power makes it perfect for hunting, target shooting, and birdwatching
- 60mm achromatic objective lenses prevent edge fringing and false coloring
- Multi-coated lens promotes sharper and brighter images
- Hardshell case for optimal protection
- Rubber coating for added durability and protection
- Comes with a compact and easy-to-store tripod
- Full waterproof rating to survive wet conditions
- Compact and portable body for easy travel and storage
- Limited eye relief for people who wear glasses
Are BARSKA Spotting Scopes Any Good?
Yes, the BARSKA brand comes with a wide selection of spotting scopes to choose from. The scopes are available in a wide selection of specifications and price bands – whether you want high end or low-end options. What makes these spotters unique is their high quality lens choice and premium protective rubber-coated bodies.
Where Are BARSKA Spotting Scopes Made?
These scopes are designed and manufactured in China.
What Is A Good Spotting Scope Magnification?
It all depends on what you want. If you want to use it for bird watching, the best BARSKA spotting scope to go for should have a zooming range of between 20x and 30x. If you want to indulge in long distance viewing, then a higher magnification range is better. Many people normally go for 20-40x, 20-60x, and 25-50x magnification ranges. These zooming ranges are not only versatile but quite cost-effective.
How Far Can A 60x Spotting Scope see?
Generally, a spotting scope with a 60x zoom power can cover a distance range of between 25 and 100 yards. This makes the scope perfect for activities such as birdwatching and hunting.
Can I Use My Spotting Scope in Place Of A Telescope?
Spotting scopes can certainly be used as telescopes. However, their use comes with limitations. Sure, spotting scopes do a better job when it comes to magnification power and field of view when compared to binoculars., However, when they are compared to telescopes, they don’t offer as high magnification power and interchangeable eyepiece ability as telescopes.