Are you looking for a way to increase the accuracy of your AK 47 rifle? Well, we have just the solution. Our review of the best optics for AK 47 is a perfect way to increase your firearm accuracy. Using a scope for AK 47 rifles increases the chances of hitting your target by allowing you to easily lock on your target and improve aiming accuracy.
Furthermore, the best optics for AK 47 are designed to offer increased comfort and eye relief even when you are using the rifle for prolonged periods. Typically, an AK 47 rifle produces incredibly heavy recoils; thus, investing in the right scope helps to provide eye relief.
In order to help you choose the right model, we’ve listed the 5 best AK 47 optics. Choose your ideal scope so you can increase your chances of successful target aiming and shooting on your next adventure!
1. UTG 4-16×44 Riflescope
Designed with a 30mm tube, the UTG 4-16×44 riflescope delivers a durable and weather-resistant function. The riflescope tube is nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed for shockproof, rainproof, and fogproof performance. A built-in sunshade offers optimal targeting and shooting performance, whilst protecting the lens and eyepiece from sunlight and glare. Furthermore, a wide 4X to 16X magnification power caters to a wide range of applications.
A quick power selector ring delivers a perfect target acquisition and zooming function. A single click technology offers quick access to adjusting the reticle color and brightness. An innovative EZ-TAP Illumination Enhancing System allows you to use the riflescope in a wide range of light or weather conditions. The system offers a dual color mode in red and green whilst the multi-color mode offers a range of up to 36 colors.
However, the mil dot on the scope is really small. If that’s something you need in your scope, you can pick one from our top 10 best mil dot scope list here.
- 30mm main tube offers generous room to accommodate a wide range of windage and elevation adjustments
- An integral angled sunshade protects the eyepiece and lens against glare
- Flip open caps protect the eyepiece when not in use
- Compatible with Picatinny and Weaver mounting systems
- Multi-coated emerald lens coating increased light transmission for increased brightness and clarity
- The mil dots are too small.
2. Vortex Optics Crossfire II Dead Hold BDC Riflescope
Constructed from a single piece aircraft grade aluminum tube, the Vortex Optics Crossfire II Dead Hold BDC riflescope offers superior strength, ruggedness, and durability. The tube is nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed for waterproof and fogproof performance. Furthermore, the riflescope features an anti-reflective and fully multi-coated lens for brighter, clearer, and sharp images.
Its 32mm lens size on the other offers just the right amount of space for optimal light transmission. Additionally, the 2X to 7X magnification range allows you to use the riflescope for hunting and shooting at varying ranges, where estimating holdover is a concern. Long eye relief and a super forgiving eyebox allow you to quickly acquire your target, whilst a fast focus eyepiece allows for quick and easy reticle focusing.
- A smooth and quick focus eyepiece for easy and fast reticle focusing
- Capped reset turrets allow for precision fine-tuning
- The single-piece tube construction guarantees increased strength and durability
- Forgiving eyebox and long eye relief allow for easy target acquisition and long lasting comfort
- Side windage adjustment knob allows for convenient and easy fine tuning
- The image quality declines at higher magnification powert
3. Hi-Lux Optics CMR 1-4×24 Riflescope
The Hi-Lux CMR 1-4×24 riflescope is built with a reticle around the ballistics of its cartridge. The reticle features an illuminated center circle and dot with ranging brackets for quick target acquisition and range identification. Furthermore, the reticle integrates bullet drop compensating hold over lines up to 900 meters.
Additionally, the hold over lines can be used up to 550 meters for target shooting. The riflescopes zooming range allows for multiple applications as well. At 4X power, the riflescope reticle allows you to estimate the range to 1000 yards. Plus, the magnification power can be easily adjusted with a simple flick of the thumb.
The brightness of the illuminated center reticle can be adjusted using the 11 setting rheostat. Its proprietary Zero Locking System allows windage and elevation alignments to be secured in place with minor adjustments for settings of shooting conditions and range. The system allows you to swiftly return the settings to zero as well.
- Built with a special ranging green illuminated reticle with MOA scale
- Zero locking system allows for easy maintenance of windage and elevation alignments
- Single 30mm tube for increased strength and durability
- Multi-coated lenses for increased brightness, clarity, and sharpness
- Front end and back end lens caps for protection when the scope is not in use
- The zooming range allows for close to long range applications
- Illumination is not very bright during daylight
4. UTG 3-9×40 Hunter Riflescope
The UTG 3-9×40 Hunter riflescope integrates a 36-color mil dot with rings for successful varmint and predator hunting. The rangefinder allows you to easily interpret your sighted distance to a target. Its innovative EZ-TAP Illumination Enhancing System is designed with red and green dual color mode. However, you can also choose to use the 36 multi-color mode to accommodate a wide range of weather and light conditions.
A single click high tech illumination feature maintains a memory function that allows you to return to your previous color and brightness settings. Furthermore, the premium zero locking and zero resetting target turrets allow for easy windage and elevation adjustments whilst the 0.25-inch MOA clicks offer precision fine tuning.
- Emerald coated lenses offer maximum light transmission for increased clarity
- The mil-dot range estimating reticle for optimal aiming and shooting performance
- The parallax can be adjusted from 5 yards at close range to infinity
- Compatible with Picatinny and Weaver mounting system
- Nitrogen filled for fogproof performance
- Nitrogen filled for fogproof performance
5. AIM Sports 1.5-4×30 Riflescope
The Aim Sports 1.5-4×30 riflescope features a lightning fast targeting precision, allowing it to be used for close and long range applications. At its lower magnification range, the riflescope delivers a large field of view for close range applications. At the 4X magnification power, the riflescope still maintains great accuracy. At either magnification power, you will still enjoy increased brightness, clarity, and sharpness under any light conditions.
The compact 30mm objective lens also manages to garner impressive light transmission with green infused multi-coatings for a superior image quality. Additionally, the lens coating provides a protective and scratch resistant performance. The tri-colored illuminated reticle with adjustable rheostat provides an impressive brightness control to suit your needs. In fact, the laser etched 0.75 circle reticle is designed for close range engagement, whilst its elevation marks facilitate long range shots with increased accuracy.
- Single piece aircraft grade aluminum tube withstands heavy recoils
- Angle cut sunshade reduces glare under bright light conditions
- Integrated weaver and Picatinny mounting accessories for mounting versatility
- The matte black housing is ideal for hunting to prevent prey from noticing you
- Nitrogen filled tube for fogproof performance
- The mount is a little high
How Far Can an AK 47 Shoot Accurately?
An AK 47 rifle is designed to be used for short to medium range applications as it doesn’t offer the best accuracy at long range. Thus, you should expect an AK 47 fitted with a 7.62 38mm cartridge to deliver a shooting range of between 1,300 feet (433 yards) and 2,000 feet (666 yards).
What Makes an AK 47 a Good Rifle?
An AK 47 features a simple operating system with a generous clearance. Additionally, its moving part allows for successful shooting whilst preventing jamming. Furthermore, an AK 47 rifle is easy to use, easy to repair, and quite reliable. Thanks to its rugged build, it is perfect to use in a wide range of conditions – be it sandy, muddy, or dirt conditions.
What Are the Best Optics for AK 47 Rifles?
Our top pick for the best optics for AR 47 rifles is the UTG 4-16×44 Riflescope. The riflescope offers generous wide zooming range.
Can I Use a Heavy Scope for an AK 47?
The best optics for AK 47 should be lightweight to prevent from weighing you down unnecessarily. After all, an AK 47 doesn’t shoot very far as it doesn’t have a great accuracy at long distance.
How Many Rounds Will an AK 47 Last?
Generally, an AK 47 rifle will shoot up to 30 rounds before it starts to become hot. However, if you have a good quality rifle, you will still be able to shoot with the rifle through the day.
What Is the Most Important Feature to Look at when Choosing the Best Optics for AK 47?
When choosing the best optics for AK 47, you want to go for an option that offers adequate eye relief. This is because an AK 47 rifle produces considerably heavy recoils, thus, you want a riflescope eyepiece to offer ample protection.
What Magnification Do I Need for Long Range Applications?
For long range applications of over 630 yards, you need magnification power of at least 10X. This allows you to reach closer to your shooting area.