Want to enjoy successful targeting during deer hunting? Our top picks for the best rifle scope for deer hunting will help you get closer to your goal.
If you wish to enhance your chances of a successful deer hunt, you’ll want to invest in the best rifle scope for deer hunting. Whether you choose to use a rifle or bow; deer hunting requires high precision, accuracy, and skill. Rifle scopes designed for large game animals offer much needed precision and accuracy.
With these riflescopes you will not only get the right size; but enjoy a host of other parameters that are ideal for deer hunting. So, with a myriad of choices available to choose from, we’ve narrowed the list to find you the best rifle scope for deer hunting.
Listed below are our 9 top picks for the best rifle scope for deer hunting for this year. It’s now time to pick your favorite, so you can begin to enjoy more accurate targeting.
1. ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Smart Day/Night Rifle Scope
Integrating a ballistic calculator, the ATN riflescope allows you to enjoy more accurate target shots. The calculator allows you to determine range, wind, multiple weapon profiles, angle to target, temperature, and humidity. Yet the scope’s ultra HD sensor is what makes it special; the Ultra HD 4k sensor features an Obsidian 4 dual core processor for high image resolution and true coloring.
Furthermore, the deer hunting rifle scope features a dual stream video recording, so you can stream your shooting adventures though the phone whilst recording it in the included SD card. When it gets dark, you can opt to switch to the HD night vision mode for night deer hunting adventures.
- Ballistic calculator offers relevant data to improve shooting precision and accuracy
- Dual stream video recording streams HD videos to your mobile device and records it to the SD card inside
- Enhanced HD night vision mode for dark conditions
- Up to 18 hours of battery power
- Poorly executed menu interface
2. Vortex Optics Crossfire II V-Brite Illuminated Riflescope
The Vortex Optics Crossfire II riflescope features a special V-Brite Illuminated style reticle; which allows you to use it in both bright and ultra low light conditions. In fact, this V-Brite Illuminated reticle works great for deer hunting at varying ranges. The scope’s long eye relief and forgiving eye box offer great comfort, whilst allowing quicker target acquisition.
Its fast focus eyepiece also facilitates quick focusing. The deer hunting riflescope is built with anti-reflective and fully multi-coated lenses for brighter and clearer viewing – no matter the light conditions. Its capped reset turrets are ingeniously positioned for easy finger adjustability with MOA clicks; which allows for easy zero resets after sighting in.
- Designed to be used for both bright and low light conditions
- Aircraft-grade aluminum construction
- O-ring sealed and nitrogen filled for waterproof and fogproof performance
- Holds zero well even with strong recoil
- The glass not good enough on high magnification
3. BARSKA 4-16×60 IR Euro-30 Pro 30-mm Riflescope
The BARSKA rifle scope features a European style build, which is perfect for big game and general hunts such as deer. Integrating 4A illuminated cross reticle and 11 brightness adjustments; the scope works in a large range of lightning and weather conditions.
Plus, with this design you will enjoy a fast focus eye bell; and for convenient adjustability, the rifle scope features a zoom adjustment ring with thumb lever and finger adjustable windage and elevation. Its 30mm tube construction boasts a waterproof, fogproof, and shockproof construction for long lasting durability and optima performance.
- 30mm tube for brighter and sharper performance
- Lightweight construction makes it easier to handle for hunting and target practice
- 4A illuminated cross reticle for better targeting in different light conditions and with high accuracy
- 4-16X adjustable zoom for mid to long range targeting
- Plastic adjustment knob is difficult to turn with gloved hands
4. Hawke Vantage IR Riflescope
The Hawke Vantage IR riflescope features 11 layers of multi-coated lenses which provide better light transmission, contract, and increased clarity. The riflescope features a positive click low profile turrets with 1/4 MOA adjustments. The turrets come with protective caps to keep you safe from elements during your shooting and hunting adventures.
Additionally, the rifle scope for deer hunting features dual red and green illumination for 5 brightness settings. This design maximizes reticle visibility in dark cover and foliage. A side focus parallax offers a smooth and precise adjustability from 10 yards to infinity to ensure parallax free focus at all times.
- Low profile and easy to adjust fingertip turrets
- Dual green and red illumination with 5 brightness settings for reticle visibility in dark cover
- Precise side focus adjusts from 10 yards to infinity for parallax free focus
- Single inch mono-tube design for increased strength and stability
- The adjustable objective is at the front rather than the sides
5. Athlon Optics Neos 4-12×40 Second Focal Plane Riflescope
Featuring a heat treated sing piece tube construction, the Athlon Optics Neos riflescope offers great strength compared to a multi-piece tube. Thanks to this design, the riflescope tube effectively keeps out moisture to ensure fogproof and waterproof performance. Furthermore, the riflescope features an aircraft grade aluminum construction for high tensile and shockproof performance.
In fact, the riflescope tube is filled with nitrogen for optimal fog free performance. Furthermore, the rifle scope is fitted with multi-coated lenses, which allows for increased light penetration for clearer images.
- Increased strength compared to multi-piece tubes
- Heated treated and sealed single piece tube keeps moisture out to prevent fog and water from penetrating it
- Glass etched reticle for superior backing support and resistance to recoils
- Aircraft grade aluminum constructed tube for better mechanical integrity
- Round metal element at the bottom prevents leveling with rings
6. Vortex Optics Viper HS Rifle Scope
Featuring an advanced optical system, the Vortex Optics Viper HS rifle scope is built with XD glass lenses the deliver sharper and clear images. The XR multi-coated lenses allow you to comfortably use the rifle scope from early mornings to late evenings. A super hard and scratch resistant Armortek coating protects the exterior lenses.
Argon filling in the tube delivers fog proof and waterproof performance. The rifle scope features a 30mm main tube construction, which enhances its elevation and wind age travel for optimal adjustment. The 30mm main tube design increases the scope’s strength as well.
- Argon tube filling for fogproof and waterproof performance
- Capped quick reset turrets for quick zero after sighting in
- Designed for hunting from early mornings to late evenings
- XR multicoated lenses for better clarity and image sharpness
- Somewhat heavy
7. Styrka S7 Series 3-12×42 Illum Plex Riflescope
Designed with a 30mm 6061-T6 aluminum tube, the Stryka S7 Series rifle scope enjoys more strength and durability. Its rugged brass erecting lens tube on the retains high accuracy, whilst maintaining a shockproof build to withstand even the most violent impact during hunting conditions.
Whilst the riflescope tube maintains a high tensile mental construction; its fully sealed and dry nitrogen filled design provides full fogproof and waterproof performance. In fact, the rifle scope has been tested from submersion for 30 minutes in water that is 1a meter deep. The side focus adjustment allows for quick and easy adjustments, without affecting your shooting position.
- Multi-coated optics for maximum brightness, optical color sharpness, and image contrasts
- Stryka ballistic calculator in its smartphone app is design for use with the Stryka BDC reticle during hunting
- Side focus adjustment for quick parallax adjustments without losing shooting position
- The high tensile 30mm 6061-T6 aluminum tube
- The lenses are not very clear
8. Burris Fulfilled II Ballistic Plex Rifle Scope
The Burris Fulfilled II Ballistic Plex rifle scope draws in a ballistic mil-dot reticle to accommodate flat shooting cartridges. The mil-dot reticle facilitates long range target shooting, varmint hunting, and tactical shooting as well. This traditional mil-dot reticle design is ideally used for easy range and target size estimation – compensating for wind drift.
Furthermore, built with a 50mm objective, the rifle scope enjoys more room for better light transmission. To complement this design, the lenses are multicoated for maximum brightness and image clarity. Additionally the rifle scope enjoys parallax adjustment for improved accuracy in long range applications.
- Knurled metal zoom rings for increased grip
- Waterproof, fogproof, and shockproof tube with nitrogen filling
- Solid 1-piecetube withstand even the heaviest recoils thanks to the shockproof construction
- Integrated eyepiece with no slip grip for quick and easy adjustment
- Power adjustment knobs are difficult to adjust
9. ATN ThOR 1.25-5X Thermal Rifle Scope
An ultra sensitive next gen sensor of the ATN ThOr Thermal rifle scope allows it to capture clear images from the longest ranges. This sensor features an upgraded design that offers improved resolution, higher sensitivity, and smooth gradation even in super low light conditions. Furthermore, the rifle scope comes with a ballistic calculator that shares all the relevant parameters, to ensure you get the target every time.
To complement this design, the scope integrates a recoil activated video (RAV) that ensures you catch the target. Additionally, the thermal scope is built with a dual stream video recording design. Using this technology, you can stream HD videos to your smartphone whilst also saving them in the SD card inside the scope.
- Low profile and long battery run time
- Super sensitive sensor enhances your chances of hitting the target
- Laser range finder allows you to determine longer distance targets as it sends data to the ballistic calculator via Bluetooth for POI adjustments in the reticle
- Comes with a quick detach mount
- Reported issues with zooming
What Is the Best Rifle Scope Reticle for Deer Hunting?
The best rifle scope for deer hunting is built with a plain reticle. The reticle should have little to no markings at all. However, if you intend to use the rifle scope for long range applications as well, it is a good idea to opt for a mil-dot reticle.
Why Do I Need a Large Eyepiece Diameter?
If you intend to hunt in the dark, the best rifle scope for deer hunting to invest in is one that can fit a large eyepiece. This is because a large eyepiece can make the line of sight clearer in low light conditions, so they work well from dusk to dawn.
Why Should My Lenses Be Coated?
Using coated lenses compared to non-coated ones makes a huge difference. Coated lenses enhance light transmission; thus, allowing you to enjoy clearer, brighter, and sharper images.
What Rifle Scope Size Do I Need for Easter White Tail Hunting?
Size shouldn’t be an issue when choosing the best rifle scope for western white tail deer hunting. After all, you don’t expect to high into high country.
Which Is Better – Large Size or Small Size Objective?
It all depends on the needs. A large objective is useful in low light conditions as it enhances image clarity and viewing. So if you are hunting in deep timber or foliage, from dusk till dawn, a large objective is perfect. A small objective is easier to carry – especially if you have a long hike.