If you want to enjoy successful hunting for mid-range to big game such as deer and elk, a good quality 30 30 lever action rifle is a perfect firearm option. However, for a more successful session, you want to pair your rifle with the best scope for 30 30. These scopes are designed to offer just the right amount of magnification to ensure precise target acquisition and shooting accuracy.
Furthermore, these scopes are normally fitted with the right lens design and size to accommodate increased light transmission for better image clarity and brightness – even in low light conditions – typically, in the dusk and dawn times. So, pick your choice of the best scope for 30 30 for this year, from the list below, to improve your game hunting adventure this year.
1. Vortex Optics Diamondback Tactical First Focal Plane Riflescope
Fitted with a low dispersion glass and multi-coated lens, the Vortex Optics Diamondback Tactical First Focal Plane Riflescope delivers an improved image clarity and brightness thanks to its enhanced light transmission. Its 44mm lens size on the other end complements its clear imagery as it further improves light transmission.
Its EBR-2C MOA reticle style is built to facilitate long range shooting and ranging abilities for superior performance. Thanks to this reticle style, your scope can effortlessly determine the range, holdovers, windage corrections, and even moving target leads. The scope also features a first focal plane reticle design.
The first focal plane design allows the reticle to zoom out as the scope zooms in on a target. This allows the scope to deliver even better and clearer images at higher magnifications – making the scope a perfect option for long range hunters. Furthermore, the 4-16x44mm scope integrates a precision glide erector system built from premium components.
With this system, you will able to smoothly adjust the magnification power even in the harshest conditions. Its exposed tactical turrets and side parallax knob allow you to easily set your scope as you so you can make the most of your long range firearm. The fast focus eyepiece on the other end facilitates easier and faster reticle focusing.
On the exterior, the scope maintains the same high caliber performance. Constructed from a single piece 300 mm aircraft-grade aluminum tube, the scope provides a rugged finish for shockproof and waterproof performance. Additionally, the riflescope is filled with nitrogen and sealed with O-rings for a fog proof finish.
- Exposed tactical turrets and side parallax knob for easy adjustment for optimal long range performance
- Fast focus eyepiece for convenient reticle focusing
- First focal plane reticle design for superior long range hunting performance
- Glass etched reticle keeps image sighting accurate at all magnifications
- Precision glide ejector system for easy magnification adjustment even in rough conditions
- Large field of view compared to other standard scopes
- The eye box is not as comfortable at high magnifications
2. TRUGLO TRU-BRITE 30 Series Illuminated Tactical Rifle Scope
Integrating a single-piece aircraft-grade aluminum tube, the TRUGLO TRU-BRITE 30 Series Illuminated Tactical Rifle Scope delivers exceptional strength and long lasting durability. Thanks to the metallic aluminum construction, the scope withstands the roughest knocks from the harshest conditions. Its single-piece tube design on the other end ensures that it is full sealed to give it a waterproof and shockproof finish.
Furthermore, the rifle scope is filled with nitrogen to help tackle moisture build up inside the scope for a fog proof performance. Its 30mm tube size enhances its size whilst making it stronger for added strength. However, this is not the only advantage that comes with the 30mm tube design.
This tube size gives the scope extra room for elevation and allows for increased light transmission which in turn accounts for enhanced image clarity, brightness, and contrast. The 3-9x 40mm scope is built with a dual color illuminated mil-dot reticle. Thanks to the illuminated mil-dot reticle style, the scope comes in handy during dusk, dawn, and in other low light conditions – making it perfect for hunting.
Additionally, this reticle design makes range estimation on the field a breeze. Yet, the glass etched reticle still allows you to use it without illumination on black during the daytime. The scope is also fitted with a locking windage turret and larger locking elevation turrets with ¼ MOA clicks which makes adjustments more convenient and accurate.
To make it even easier to adjust the scope mid-shooting or targeting, the riflescope is fitted with brightness controlling rheostat and a quick zoom level. Its generous 4-inch eye relief of the other end allows for quicker and easier target acquisition whilst protecting your eyes against fatigue or impact caused by recoils.
- Includes locking windage turret and larger locking elevation turrets
- Removable quick zoom lever for easy adjustments without looking outside the scope
- Dual illuminated mil-dot reticle for use in both bright and low light conditions
- The glass-etched reticle can be used without illumination in black
- Generous 4-inch eye relief for easy target acquisition and prevention of eye fatigue and injury
- Dual flip-up lens caps to protect the scope lenses
- Requires better fine-tuning
3. Vortex Optics Crossfire II Second Focal Plane Riflescope
If you are looking for a budget-friendly hunting and target shooting scope, the Vortex Optics Crossfire II Second Focal Plane Riflescope is what you need. In fact, we’ve included it on our review of the best scopes under 300. Intuitively design, the scope caters to long range hunters and target shooters in search of a powerful scope without having to break an arm and leg for the cost.
The scope features a Dead Hold BDC MOA reticle style. Thanks to this personalized hashmark reticle design, you will no longer do any guesswork on the field. The riflescope reticle design is especially handy for determining windage and holdover corrections. It also facilitates excellent performance at a varying range where holdover is important.
Its second focal plane design on the other end allows you to enjoy the same target image size, no matter the distance or magnifications. With the SSP design, the target size remains the same, whether you zoom the scope in or out – allowing the scope to maintain the same target appearance. The second focal plane reticle is conveniently located near the eyepiece just behind the image erecting and magnifying lenses.
To make image viewing even much easier, this scope for 30 30 is also designed with an adequately sized field of view of between 34.1 and 12.6 inches. Furthermore, the 3-9×40 scope integrates a long eye relief, at 3.8 inches, and a forgiving eye box which, in turn, allow for faster picture sighting and target acquisition.
Its fast focus eyepiece on the other end makes it much easier and convenient to focus the reticle. Additionally, the finger adjustable capped reset turrets integrate MOA clicks that can be easily reset to zero after sighting in.
- Single piece aircraft-grade aluminum tube for added strength and shockproof performance
- O-ring sealed and nitrogen filled for fog proof ad waterproof performance
- Anti-reflective and multi-coated lens for better image clarity and rightness
- The second focal plane reticle allows the scope to maintain the same target appearance at different magnifications
- Wider field of view
- Dead Hold BDC MOA reticle style makes it perfect for better range estimations and holdovers
- Light transmission is not as effective in low light conditions
4. UTG 4-16X44 30mm Scope
Integrating a patented EZ-TAP Illumination Enhancing System, the UTG 4-16x30mm Scope delivers excellent performance in any lighting or weather conditions. The EZ-TAP IE system is designed with two color mode options. Its dual color mode operates on red/green color options. Its multi-color mode on the other offers you a choice of up to 36 different colors; allowing you to use n in any conditions.
Using the single click technology, you will enjoy quick access to your desired color and brightness on the reticle. Additionally, the 30 30 riflescope features a military-style mil-dot reticle which makes range estimations ultra easy on the field. Unlike laser range finders, the mil-dot reticle doesn’t require any batteries to operate thus, saving you on costs whilst delivering impressing accuracy through its dots along the crosshairs.
To further complement the scope performance, it features a wide magnification range of 4x to 16x. Its quick power selector ring facilitates easy target acquisition and magnification. The riflescope also features a premium zero lockable and zero resettable turrets are paired with 1//4 MOA click settings for precise adjustments.
Furthermore, the scope for 30 30 is fitted with a side wheel adjustable turret which allows for parallax adjustment from 10 yards to infinity. At the exterior, the scope features a 30mm aluminum tube that is fully sealed for waterproof and shockproof performance.
The tube is also filled with nitrogen to prevent build up. It’s 44mm objective glass lens with emerald coatings provide superior light transmission and clearer images. For extra protection, the scope integrates a built-in sunshade to counter glare from the sun.
- Built-in sunshade to prevent glare from the sun
- Compatible with Picatinny and Weaver mounting rings
- EZ-TAP Illumination Enhancing system allows the scope to work in a wide range of weather and lighting conditions
- Quick selector ring for easy east target acquisition and zooming in
- Single click technology gives you quick access to your desired color and brightness on the reticle
- Mil-dot reticle design for easy range estimation
- The mil-dots are a little small
5. UTG 3-12X44 30mm Compact Scope
For those long hunting treks, the UTG 3-12×44 30mm Compact Scope is a perfect choice as it significantly reduces your gear weight. Nevertheless, the scope maintains a high tensile finish. The scope features an innovative True Strength platform with a Smart Spherical Structure which maintains the joint-like connection between the inner and outer tubes to enhance windage and elevation adjustment responsiveness whilst maintaining durability.
Furthermore, this high strength construction allows the scope to withstand recoils from the heaviest recoils. Extending from the durable platform are the premium lockable and resettable turrets. These premium turrets allow for convenient and accurate windage/elevation adjustments. The locking and resettable also protect the scope against accidental adjustments.
Furthermore, the side wheel adjustment turret allows for equally convenient parallax adjustment from 10 yards to infinity. Alternatively, you can choose to pair it with a separately sold larger SWAT for even finer and accurate adjustments.
To complement this exceptional mechanism is the EZ-TAP Illumination Enhancing technology which gives you a choice of the traditional red/green dual color mode or the multi-color mode with up to 36 color options; catering to a wide selection of lighting and weather conditions. To allow you to make easy adjustments mid-action, the scope is fitted with a low profile control with two finger-friendly push buttons for illumination management.
Its range estimating mil-dot reticle on the other end accommodates impressive long range hunting and target shooting performance. Compared to regular mil-dot reticle, this reticle design is designed with 9 dots on each cross hair direction to give you a total of 19 aiming points – which is 8 extra points for better aiming ad shooting precision.
- Mil-dot reticle accommodates dependable range estimation
- Mil-dot reticle with increasing aiming points for precision targeting and shooting performance
- EZ-TAP IE system offers a wide selection of color options to cater to different weather/lighting conditions
- SWAT accommodates easy parallax adjustment from 10 yards to infinity
- Integrated angled front sunshade with flip-open lens caps for better lens protection
- Premium and high quality scope housing for consistent illumination even during recoils
- The reticle may be a little thick
Why Use a30 30 Scope?
The best scope for 30 30 is designed to complement a 30 30 lever action rifle. These rifles are generally designed to provide an effective range of up to 150 yards. However, to accurately hit a target at this range, you want a good quality 30 30 scope to complement the rifle.
What Is the Difference between a 30 30 and a 308?
Typically, 308 packs more power than 30 30. Additionally, it boasts more bullet weight options. However, 30 30 comes with the advantage of delivering fewer heavy recoils compared to a 308 – due to this, a 30 30 also delivers less flash and blast.
What Is the Best Magnification Range for a 30 30 Scope?
The best scope for 30 30 is used primarily for medium and large game such as deer and elk. When game hunting for this target size, you want a scope that offers a range of at least 100 to 150 yards. Thus, when choosing the best 30 30 scope, you want to opt for a scope that offers at least power of 1x to 9x.
What Objective Lens Size Is Ideal for a 30 30 Scope?
A 30 30 is normally used in the brush – often in low light conditions. Therefore, you want an optical lens that facilitates as much light transmission as possible. The higher the lens is, the better it can absorb light. Therefore, the best scope for 30 30 should be fitted with a lens size of at least 40mm to 50mm.