If you want to enjoy big game hunting such a deer, elk, or bear hunting, you need to invest in the right big game hunting gear. The best scope for 450 Bushmaster is one of them. These riflescopes are designed to withstand the rough kicks of the rifle without succumbing to any damage.
Furthermore, thanks to their generous eye relief, the scope also protects you against injuries caused by recoil impact or fatigue. Furthermore, their versatile design allows the scopes to accommodate both short to long range applications thus, giving you incredible value for your money.
When looking for the best scope for 450 Bushmaster, you will come across hundreds of options. So, to help you find the perfect option for your rifle, we’ve chosen the 6 top best picks for this year so you can pick which one works for you. Happy hunting!
1. Vortex Optics Crossfire II Second Focal Plane 1-inch Tube Riflescope
With the Vortex Optics Crossfire II Second Focal Plane 1-inch Tube Riflescope, you will be exposed to a selection of reticle types based on your preference. With the Dead Hold BDC reticle, the riflescope allows you to easily estimate range, holdover, and wind drift.
The V-Brite illuminated reticle is perfect for shooters and hunters during low light conditions as it uses the V-Plex format and battery-powered components to illuminate the center dot of the reticle for increased light transmission. The V-Plex reticle on the other end delivers an all-purpose design that makes it ideal for a wide selection of applications including hunting as it is clearer, tougher, and brighter.
Its aircraft grade aluminum single piece tube construction on the other end reinforces its strength and durability. The single-piece tube with a fully sealed finish and nitrogen purging provides a waterproof, shockproof, and fog proof performance.
Fitted with an anti-reflective and multi-coated lens, the scope promotes increased light transmission which in turn allows for clearer and brighter images. Its long eye relief and ultra forgiving eye box on the other end provide better picture sighting and quicker target acquisition. Additionally, the generous eye relief helps to protect you against impact caused by vibrations or recoils. The fast focus eyepiece also provides quick and easy reticle focusing.
- Comes with a choice of 3 reticle types to choose from
- Single tube aircraft grade aluminum construction for added strength and fully sealed finish
- Fast focus eyepiece for easy and convenient reticle focusing
- Long eye relief and forgiving eye box for better picture sighting and target acquisition
- Generous eye relief protects against impact caused by recoils or vibrations
- Capped reset turrets with ¼ MOA clicks for easy adjustments
- The eye box is not forgiving at higher magnifications
2. Simmons 3-9x32mm Riflescope
Integrating a truplex reticle design, the Simmons 3-9x32mm Riflescope features crosshairs that aid in quicker and faster target acquisition without having to adjust the scope settings. The 450 Bushmaster riflescope is also designed with capped reset turrets with ¼ MOA clicks which make windage and elevation adjustment a breeze.
Additionally, the scope features a parallax correction design that allows presets from 50 yards to infinity. Their single tube aluminum fabrication allows them to withstand the roughest conditions whilst giving them a waterproof, fog proof, and shockproof performance. On the surface, the riflescope integrates a SureGrip rubber surface build which makes adjustments easier even in wed conditions.
Its black matte finish provides you with a great cover – preventing you from spooking your target. On the tubes, you will also find optical glass lenses fitted. Their special HydroShield coating helps to improve picture clarity as it repels sunlight glare.
Their Quick Target Acquisition (QTA) eyepiece offers a consistent 3.5 inches of eye relief across all magnification ranges for faster target acquisition whilst protecting your eyes from fatigue and impact caused by recoils. With a generous field of view of 31.4 inches per 100 yards, the riflescope offers incredible performance for short to mid-range applications.
- HydroShield lens coating for better image clarity in any weather conditions
- SureGrip rubber surface for easy adjustability in any shooting conditions
- Black matte finish for better camouflage
- Capped rest turrets with ¼ MOA clicks for easy windage and elevation adjustments
- Optical glass lenses for bright and sharp images
- Patented True Zero system with a QTA eyepiece
- Not a good option for big game hunting
3. UTG 4-16X44 30mm Scope
Integrating a 30mm aircraft grade aluminum tube construction, the UTG 4-16×44 30mm Scope delivers incredible construction. Thanks to the large 300 mm tube, the scope is stronger and longer lasting. Additionally, the 300 mm tube allows for increased light transmission and offers more room for elevation which, in turn, provides better image brightness and clarity.
To complement the increased light transmission and better image clarity, the scope is also fitted with a larger 44mm objective lens. Furthermore, the aluminum tube is filled with nitrogen and then, fully sealed for a rainproof, fog proof, and shockproof performance. The objective lens on the other end features an emerald coating further accentuates its performance.
The riflescope for 450 Bushmaster is also designed with a wide 4x to 16x magnification power which accommodates both short and long range shooting applications. The magnification power is coupled with a quick power selector ring which makes zooming and target acquisition easy. Its single click technology on the other end provides quick and convenient access to your choice of color and brightness on the reticle.
Furthermore, the riflescope is built with a wide field of view at 24.4 feet per 100 yards for excellent short range applications. Its innovative EZ-TAP Illumination Enhancing system comes with a choice of dual color mode and multicolor modes. The dual ode gives you a choice of red/green color whilst the multi-color mode offers a choice of up to 36 colors to accommodate all weather and light conditions.
- Premium zero lockable and zero resettable target turrets with precise ¼ MOA click adjustments
- Side wheel adjustment turrets for parallax adjustment – from 10 yards to infinity
- EZ-TAP Illumination Enhancing system with a choice of dual color mode or multi-color mode
- Wide magnification power for short to long range applications
- Mil-dot reticle for easy range estimation
- Built-in sunshade to protect against glares
- The mil-dots are a little small
4. Vortex Optics Diamondback Second Focal Plane Riflescope
The Vortex Optics Diamondback Second Focal Plane Riflescope features a customized dot design which eliminates the need for guesswork on holdover and windage adjustments. This makes the riflescope perfect where estimating holdover is needed. Its second focal plane design on the other end means that the scope maintains the same image appearance, no matter the magnification range.
The second focal plane reticles are located at proximity to the eyepiece just behind the image erector and magnifying lens. Its working mechanism allows the reticle to maintain the same image size even as the magnification increases or decreases. With this design, the scope is ideal for brush hunting, big game hunting, and slug shotguns.
Its single one-piece aircraft grade anodized aluminum tube construction and O-ring sealing on the other end gives the scope a waterproof and shockproof performance. Furthermore, the scope tube is filled with argon to prevent fog build up during rapid temperature changes.
Fitted with a fully multi-coated lens, the scope offers crystal clear and bright images at any light condition whilst preventing glare during day time. A fast focus eyepiece facilitates quicker and convenient reticle focusing. Additionally, the scope is designed with metal-on-metal precision turrets which make it easy for zero resets after sighting-in.
- Precision glide erector system for accurate tracking and repeatability
- Solid one piece and black matte finish for better camouflage
- The second focal plane reticle maintains image size even with increased or decreased magnification
- Metal on metal precision turrets for easy zero rets after sight-in
- Argon purged tube for fog proof performance due to rapid temperature changes
- The turrets don’t track easily
5. Athlon Optics Neos 3-9×40 Second Focal Plane Riflescope
Integrating a Center X reticle, the Athlon Optics Neos 3-9×40 Second Focal Place Riflescope offers a clear field of view compared to traditional crosshair reticle. The Center X reticle allows you to quickly view your target whilst maintaining the aiming point on the reticle.
Its heavy posts remain functional against cover and low light conditions – allowing the scope to point to the intersection. However, this is not all the riflescope offers. The scope features a heat-treated single tube construction which provides high tensile performance when compared to multi-piece tubes. Furthermore, the single piece tube construction offers a fully sealed design which effective at keeping moisture out for a fog proof performance.
To complement this function, the scope is also filled with nitrogen which reduces interior moisture. This excellent tube construction also gives the scope a waterproof performance. To enhance its function, the scope tube is constructed using high tensile aircraft grade aluminum which gives it superior mechanical integrity; protecting it against elements in the outdoors.
The tube is also fitted with a fully multi-coated lens for superior light transmission and true color contrast on all light spectrums. Its glass etched reticle on the other end offers incredible backing support and increased durability to withstand shock from recoils.
- Capped turrets with 80 MOA elevation and windage adjustments
- Center X reticle for faster and easier target acquisition
- Lightweight construction at only 17 ounces
- Nitrogen purged for fog proof finish
- Glass etched reticle offers backing support and long lasting durability
- Heat-treated aircraft grade aluminum tube for added strength
- Not the best option for high caliber rifles
6. TRUGLO TRU-BRITE 30 Series Illuminated Tactical Rifle Scope
The TRUGLO TRU-BRITE 30 Series Illuminated Tactical Rifle Scope features a 3x-9x magnification power which makes it great for short and long range applications. The large 42mm objective lens is large enough to accommodate increased light transmission for better image clarity, brightness, and contrast.
To make it easy to make adjustments on the go without having to change your position, the scope is built with a brightness controlling rheostat and a quick zoom level. Its generously sized eye relief on the other end allows for quick and easy target acquisition whilst protect your eyes against fatigue and impact caused by heavy recoils or vibrations.
Furthermore, the rifle scope integrates a dual color illuminated glass etched reticle. This design allows for use with red/green color mode to cater to different lighting conditions. However, you can also choose to use the reticle on black with no illumination. Additionally, the reticle features a mil-dot design which makes it easy for you to determine the distance of the target even if their size is unknown.
Additionally, the reticle provides fast trajectory and wind drift targeting reference. When it comes to is exterior construction, the scope features a one-piece aircraft grade aluminum construction which offers a water-resistant, shock resistant, and fog proof finish. It’s 30mm tube construction enhances its size for a stronger build and better light transmission for clearer sighting.
- Rheostat controlled rightness and quick zoom lever for added convenience
- Dual color mode reticle with red/ green colors
- The reticle can be used in black with no illumination
- Mil-dot reticle style allows you to determine the target distance even if the size is unknown
- 30mm tube construction for stronger finish and clear images
- Large 42mm objective glass lens for increased image brightness and contrast
- Needs better fine-tuning
What Is the Maximum Effective Range for a 450 Bushmaster?
Most hunters go for a range of between 250 and 500 yards to accommodate most medium-range game. However, the 450 Bushmaster scope with a range of about 350 to 500 yards is just fine.
What Is the Ideal Magnification Power for a 450 Bushmaster?
Ideally, you want to go for a scope that offers a magnification range of at least 3-9x – making it perfect for short to long range shooting. Typically, a 3-9x magnification power can easily put down a deer-sized game at about 100 to 300 yards. However, if your hunting or shooting range is between 150 and 200 yards, a smaller magnification range is just fine.
What Scope Is the Best for a 450 Bushmaster?
The best scope for 450 Bushmaster should be able to withstand a powerful recoil without damage. Ideally, you want a lens size of at least 40mm and a magnification power of 3-9x. Some of the best brands for such scopes include Vortex, Athlon, and UTG.
At what Distance Should I Zero My 450 Bushmaster Scope?
There isn’t that much need to know the exact distance to zero your Bushmaster Scope. This is because as a general rule of thumb, a 450 Bushmaster is normally within point-blank range at around 150 yards – whether you zero it at 50, 100, or 150.
What Can I Hunt with a 450 Bushmaster?
Generally, a 450 Bushmaster boasts enough punch to put down a wide selection of targets – in fact, it can shoot up to 260 -grain bullets at about 2,200 fps. You can use a 450 Bushmaster for medium size to large game. These include deer, elk, and black bears.