For your next visit to the shooting range, the best spotting scope for target shooting will come in handy. The best spotting scope for target shooting allows you to enjoy a wide selection of long range viewing applications; thanks to this tool, you don’t have to confirm your shoots every time.
Furthermore, integrating a large magnification range and powerful light accommodating lens; a target shooting spotter allows you to track your bullet holes from far away, without having to walk to where the holes are. This spotting scope function allows you to focus more on the point and shoot part!
To guarantee maximum results, we’ve compiled the list of our 5 top picks for the best spotting scope for target shooting this year.
1. Emarth 20-60×60 AE Angled Spotting Scope
Integrating a dynamic lens focusing system, the Emarth 20-60×60 AE Angled spotting scope delivers incredible image quality and clarity at both short and long distances. The scope features an easy zoom in on target design with a smooth rotating zoom knob. The spotter features a wide magnification range between 20X and 60X to ensure image accuracy at any distance.
Plus, the different magnification ranges allows for different eye relief. The low magnification allows you to view the target with a wide view of field, whilst the high magnification allows you to do so for a detailed close range view. The lens integrates a BAK4 prism as well.
The BAK4 prism facilitates a higher refractive index, brighter field of view edges, and a circular shape exit pupil for better light transmission. This mechanism in turn, accounts for increased image clarity and contrast. Furthermore, the lens’ anti-reflective multi-coatings maintain image sharpness with up to 99% light transmission. Additionally, the spotting scope comes with an aircraft grade aluminum tripod for reduced bulkiness, whilst maintaining superior strength and stability.
- 45 degree angled eyepiece allows for comfortable viewing
- High quality rubber armor offers anon-slip and shockproof grip
- The built-in retractable sunshade reduces glare from the sun
- Dual focus wheel system allows you to fine tune the focus adjustment without losing your target
- O-ring sealed and nitrogen filled for increased fogproof performance
- Focus and zoom wheels are too soft – they can easily turn accidentally
2. BARSKA 15-40×50 Colorado Spotting Scope
Using the BARSKA 15-40×50 Colorado spotting scope, you will enjoy a wide magnification range of between 15X and 40X. This generous magnification range makes the scope perfect for a wide range of applications; including hunting, target shooting, and bird watching. At 15X, the spotter can be used for general observation.
At higher magnification power, the spotter allows for a detailed view of your target. In fact, at this range, you can view your target at up to 150 yards away. A precision focus system ensures you achieve precise adjustments to maintain image quality.
The focus system integrates an adjustable objective lens, which allows you to swiftly make fine adjustments to the spotter whilst maintaining focus on your target; additionally, the spotting scope comes with a tripod. An integrated tripod mount means that the scope will fit most standard tripod mounts. Furthermore, the easy to mount and dismount design allows you to use the spotter with or without a tripod.
- Comes with a soft, convenient carry case to securely store the spotter when not in use
- 50mm objective lenses are large enough to allow for better light transmission
- Multi-coated glass and BK7 Porro prism lens for brighter and contrast rich images, no matter the zooming power
- Comes with a foldable tabletop tripod for easy transportation
- Straight body design for increased intuitive usage
- The carry case is too small to accommodate the spotter and tripod
3. Roxant Authentic Blackbird Spotting Scope
Built with an extendable and retractable eyepiece, the Roxant Authentic Blackbird spotting scope allows you to use with or without glasses. Its main barrel design offers incredible glare protection, which ensures you clearly enjoy your viewing. The spotting scope comes with a metal tripod and metal mounting attachments, which deliver a stable and long lasting hold.
The rubber exterior body offers a non-slip surface for superior grip and shock absorbing performance. On the main non-slip rubber barrel you’ll find a smooth glide textured ring for easy and convenient adjustments. Yet, this is not all the spotter offers; integrating a multicoated BAK4 military-grade lens, the spotting scope offers high quality images with increased brightness, sharpness, and contrast.
To complement this performance, the spotter features a 50mm objective lens size which enhances light transmission. Furthermore, the spotting scope features a 45 degrees angled eyepiece which allows for comfortable viewing.
- Extendable/retractable eyepiece allows you to use the scope with or without glasses
- The tabletop metal mount is ideal for target shooting
- Smooth glide textured focus ring allows for easy and convenient adjustments
- Flip off objective lens cap to protect the lens when not in uset
- Extendable sunshade on the main barrel prevents glares
- Target acquisition is somewhat difficult without an alignment tool at high magnification
4. Creative XP Spotting Scope
Whilst target shooting, the Creative XP spotting scope allows you to capture and record the entire adventure through your smartphone, thanks to its smartphone adapter and photo clicker. Integrating a zooming range of between 20X and 60X as well as a BAK4 glass prism lens; the spotter covers a viewing range of up to 800 yards without affecting image clarity.
Additionally, using the scope, you will be able to see your bullet holes at up to 300 yards away. Furthermore, the spotting scope boasts dual fine focus knobs which allow for smooth and accurate focusing for a detailed image. Its 17-12mm eye relief on the other end is large enough to make viewing comfortable for long periods.
Additionally, the spotting scope features a multi-coated lens that eliminates reflections and prevents scratches. Plus, with a large 80mm objective lens size, the scope guarantees even better light transmission for brighter images. Its full O-ring sealing and nitrogen purged tube provides fully waterproof and fogproof functions.
- Cellphone adapter and photo clicker included so you can document your target shoots
- Compatible with Vortex, Leupold, Nikon, and Bushnell tripods
- Offers viewing range of up to 800 yards – the scope allows you to see your bullet holes at up to 300 yards away
- BAK4 prism offers a brighter field view and circular exit pupil for better image clarity and sharpness
- Lightweight build with a heavy duty performance
- The adjustment knobs are not as smooth
5. Gosky 2019 Updated 20-60×80 Spotting Scope
Featuring a smartphone digiscoping adapter, the Gosky spotting scope allows you to take photos and videos of what you are observing. Using the adapter, you can even view your targets with more detail through the phone screen. A tabletop metal tripod comes with the scope to provide a stable platform for steady observations.
When you are done using the scope, the included carry case along with eyepiece and lens protection covers allow you to securely store them away. The provided cleaning cloth also aids in keeping the equipment clean on the go, to ensure long lasting durability.
Additionally, the target shooting spotter is built with a durable exterior rubber framework for shockproof and slip-resistant performance. An eyepiece shield is also added to the barrel to protect the scope eyepiece from glares, whilst the nitrogen-filled tube offers a fogproof finish.
- Variable 20X to 60X magnification power for short and long distance applications
- Smartphone digiscoping adapter allows you to document your observations on your smartphones
- Large fully coated 80mm objective lens improves image clarity, sharpness, and contrast
- Stretchable eyepiece shield effectively protects the eyepiece
- Included eyepiece and lens protection covers and the cleaning cloth enhances their durability
- The scope features a large profile which makes it somewhat heavy
Do Spotting Scopes Tell Range?
Spotting scopes are labeled with two sets of numbers on their barrels, i.e. magnification range, and the lens size. You will find a set of numbers in the format, 20-60×80, for example. The set, 20-60 represents the magnification range whilst the number 80 represents the lens size in millimeters (mm).
Why are Spotting Scopes Better than Binoculars for Target Shooting?
The best spotting scope for target shooting offers a higher magnification range; allowing you to use it for both short and long distance applications. Furthermore, thanks to the high magnification power, a spotting scope allows you to view your target with more detail.
Which Is Better for Target Shooting – an Angled or Straight Spotting Scope?
The best spotting scope for target shooting can be either angled or straight. An angled scope allows you to put your camera at a downward angle; allowing you to see what you are doing in a comfortable position. A straight scope allows you to quickly and intuitively locate your target without suffering from sunlight or glare on your camera screen.
What Is the Ideal Range for Target Shooting Spotting Scopes?
As medium range telescopes, the best spotting scope for target shooting boasts a magnification range of anywhere between 15X and 60X.
How far Can I See with a 20-60×60 Spotting Scope?
Typically, a 20-60×60 spotting scope allows you to clearly see your targets to a distance of up to 100 yards.